PRISM 3 is a clinical trial of CP101, an investigational product, evaluating the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of CP101 versus placebo in adults with recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI).
ABOUT THE TRIAL
What is the PRISM 3 study?
Who is eligible for the study?
You may be eligible to participate in PRISM 3 if you:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with a second or greater recurrence of CDI
- Will soon be, or are currently taking antibiotics to treat CDI
- You have a clinical response to antibiotic therapy to treat the current episode of CDI
Learn more details about the PRISM 3 trial at Clinicaltrials.gov: NCT03110133
What is the study medicine (CP101)?
- CP101 is an orally-administered, encapsulated medicine, taken in a single dose.
- CP101 is an investigational product that is still being tested and is not approved for commercial sale. As such, CP101 can only be taken as part of the clinical trial – your physician cannot prescribe it to you.
- CP101 builds on the clinical development of Crestovo’s academic collaborators, Dr. Alexander Khoruts and Dr. Michael Sadowsky, who developed an early-stage oral formulation of a microbiota-based product in 2014.
- To read more about Dr. Khoruts’ study.
What should I know about clinical trials?
Choosing to participate in a clinical trial is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about PRISM 3, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff at the location nearest to you.